Welcome to the St. Johns County Property Appraiser’s on-line homestead exemption application system.
We are providing this system to make filing for homestead exemption and other personal exemptions more
convenient for you, the property owner.
Remember the filing deadline is March 1st and must comply with
all instructions below.
In order to process your application on-line, our website must reflect your name as the property owner. If you recently
closed on your property and our website does not yet reflect you as owner, please allow our office 60 days from your
closing to process the deed and ownership change. However, if the March 1st deadline is approaching, to timely file, you
will need to come into our office to file in person. Our office locations are:
|4030 Lewis Speedway, Suite 203
Saint Augustine, FL 32084
|725 Flora Branch Boulevard
Saint Johns, FL 32259
|5430 Palm Valley Road
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
The following exemptions may be filed on-line with the homestead exemption application:
- Personal exemptions such as widows, widowers, blind, disability, and service connected disability.
- Transfer of Assessment Difference (Portability).
The following exemptions must be filed in person in one of our offices:
- For properties not listed in your name.
- Additional exemptions to a parcel with an existing homestead exemption.
- When adding applicants for exemption to a parcel with an existing homestead exemption.
- For properties that are owned by a trust.
- For married couples where one spouse claims homestead elsewhere.
- It is important that you print a copy of your application as your receipt. This is your confirmation that you have
applied for a property tax exemption. In order to print your receipt, you must have Adobe Reader.
- If additional information is required to complete your filing, a form will print at the end of the application process
listing any additional items needed. You MUST timely submit the requested information to our office to complete the application.
- If you have any questions on filing for property tax exemptions, please contact our office at (904) 827-5500.
The following pages will detail the documents required to complete the application.